5 Reasons You Need an Agent
1. A real estate transaction is complicated. In most cases, buying or selling a home re- quires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, and real property re- port. A knowledgeable guide through this complexity can help you avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Selling or buying a home is time consuming. It usually takes another 60 days or so for the transaction to close after an offer is accepted.
3. Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know the meaning of a CMA or STRATA, you can understand why it’s important to work with someone who speaks that language.
4. REALTORS have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. That’s why having an expert on your side is critical.
5. REALTORS provide objectivity. Since a home often symbolizes family, rest, and security, not just four walls and roof, homeselling or buying is often a very emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you keep focused on both the business and emotional issues most important to you.